Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Resignations

It's official.  We've resigned from our church.  Sadness. 
Things haven't gone as we had planned concerning our move either but we have discovered in times past that our plans are not God's plans.  His are much better so we just wait and watch what he will do.
I'm also resigned to the fact that I must now pack---everything.  I've been putter-packing a little here and there but now....it's different.  The trouble is that we will be in a temporary home for a few months, 2 or 3, until we clean and remodel a rental house that will be available for us on July 1.  That means I need only pack the essentials....hmmmm.  For a crafter, everything is essential.  One never knows when one will need a certain something.  I think the reality is hitting me hard that I will not have time to create for quite a while and I'm a bit disconcerted over that fact--wondering...What WILL I do?  I'm sure I will be very busy with the cleaning, etc. and, of course, there will be grandchildren around.  Silly me--I'll be busy, no doubt.  Still, the thought of not creating something for 2-3 months still weighs heavily on my heart.  There I go--not trusting God again.  I've got to start listening to the words of the VBS songs I'm learning--TRUST is the word of the week.

1 comment:

  1. Sally, I wanted to comment on your worry about not having the ability to make things for a while. I understand very well your concern.
    There is an old saying that at the end of the day a person has to see evidence that they have made an impact on the world. I have a nice workshop in my basement, Karon has her sewing room, and neither of us would be willing to give these up. We use our workrooms, and in them we fulfill our need to create things. Without that we would be lost. I think you will be lost as well even though there will be lots of things to keep you busy. Keeping busy is not the same as creating things. This will indeed weigh on you, and you cannot stop that. But your attitude will be a great advantage to you, being able to trust God. It is a lot harder than most people think. I think you can pull it off and make it work. And I am convinced that God has more creativity projects in mind for you. Just be patient.

    Sally, I admire you tremendously and I will miss you very much when you leave. You will never leave my mind.

    Tommy

    ReplyDelete